January 2017 saw Future Power WA tendering on a brownfields venture at the Mt Morgan’s Gold Mine directly to Dacian Gold. We were asked to design, supply and construct a new 11kV power line from the newly installed diesel fired power station to the administration complex, underground operation and the new installed 500 man camp. The scope of work on this project was subject to change and Future Power WAs experience was call upon to offer a cost effective solution whilst still meeting the construction deadline of 3 months.
The scope of work was as follows:
- Civil and foundation installation
- Construction of 4 km of 11kV power line
- Supply and installation of underground 11kV cable approx. 1000 meters
- Supply and installation of one 11kV RMU, one 500kVA and a 1000kVA transformer
- Supply and installation of one 500kVA transformer + RMU kiosk
- Submissions to the Department of Mines & Petroleum
- All testing and commissioning
Upon the time completion of the HV reticulation, Future Power was further engaged to design supply and install all associated requirements to completely fit out the Heavy vehicle and Light vehicle workshops.
The scope included:
- Design, supply and fit out including testing and commission of HV work shop
- Design, supply and fit out including testing and commission of LV work shop
- Design, supply and installation 40 carpark and foot path lights including all civil works
- LV Distribution Board engineering, supply and installation
- Supply and installation of all LV supply cables including fibre
The LV project was again completed on time and within budget with no instances to report, this growing working relationship found Future Power WAs services being called upon to Tender, Manage and Design within other areas of the overall project. Areas such as the design and installation for Lightning Protection around the newly installed Magazines, the Management of pumping contractor to supply potable water to the Mine Services Area.
The MSA Water supply Project consisted of the following key components:
- Bulk Civil Works Future Power WA supplied all its own heavy machinery to complete V drains, trenching and backfilling
- Construction of Water Storage Future Power WA installed all Dacian Gold supplied water tanks, pumps and DB control system utilizing our own 10 ton BHB slewing crane
- Pipe install and Welding Future Power WA laid 2.5 km of 350mm PVC pipe within V-drains and trenches. Main road crossing within the active mining area were also included in our scope.
- Management of Plumbing Contractor As the primary contractor we were asked to coordinate and manage the welding team during their time on site, this opportunity to work outside our normal scope was openly received as it gave us the chance to grow our construction experience into other areas.