11kV / 33kV Powerline Upgrade
The works included the design, supply, construction and commissioning of the existing 11kV Southern Power Line Upgrade. The objective of the upgrade was to increase the supply capacity of the existing reticulation to its maximum derated capacity as well as providing of a power supply connection point for the new underground feeder located at the surface of the Pit Ram area of the mine site. This included:
- Civils / earthworks including construction of concrete footings for all poles, as well as trenching and conduit installation in preparation for HV cable installation.
- Modifications to existing poles, as well as the supply and installation of new cable termination poles, a recloser pole, switch pole and deviation poles.
- Redesign of stringing charts and installation of all overhead lines utilising tension stringing methods.
- Supply and installation of all auxiliary and ancillary equipment including cable ladder, conduits, cable supports, buried services and all earthing equipment.
- Installation of two kilometres of client supplied HV underground cables utilising conventional winching techniques whilst complying with manufacturers recommended installation methods.
- Supply and installation of all cable ladder etc. to adequately support the power supply cables between the Power Station Switchboard tier to the northern corner of the power station compound.
- Site testing, commissioning and handover of all electrical works.
- Provision of training for operators.
The project was completed on time, on budget and without incident.