Design, Supply & Install of 11kV Powerline, OPGW, RMUs and Transformer Compounds
Future Power was engaged to complete the engineering design, supply of all materials, equipment, plant, labour, supervision and project management for the construction and commissioning of a new 11kV Overhead Powerline at the Nova Nickel mine site.
- Surveying of the site to ensure suitability of poles for site conditions.
- Design, installation and commissioning of the entire 11kV Overhead Power Line (twenty-one kilometres of Orange conductor).
- Supply and installation of seven kilometres of OPGW including termination, testing and commissioning of the site wide fibre network.
- Design of the powerline profile including safety clearance drawings and stringing charts.
- Providing structural integrity certification for the complete line design.
- Supply and installation of three kilometres of 11kV underground cables.
- Design, supply and installation of three Ring Main Units and four Kiosk Substations suitable for the new underground mining operation.
- Design, supply and installation of street lighting and associated LV cables (to Western Power standards) at two main access road intersections.
- Earth grid design and installation.
- Testing and commissioning of all works.
- Providing training for operators.
The project was completed on time, on budget and without incident.